Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can I use regular bed sheets to make a quilt?

My boys always get so hot and I wanted to make a cute lightweight quilt for their twin beds. They never use the top sheet and so I thought I would try to make a quilt out of the top sheets.Can I use regular bed sheets to make a quilt?
Yes quilts can be made out of sheets. You could get 4 sets of twin sheets (2 different patterns) use the bottom sheets to rotate during laundry. Put a layer of thin batting, thin blanket or another old sheet between the two different sheets. You will wind up with a reversible quilts and two bottom sheets for each bed -- they will always match no matter how they make their bed!Can I use regular bed sheets to make a quilt?
No problem! You can make it easier and just get two sheets, sew them together (wrong sides out, the flip so the right sides are out) and go with that. You can also add batting the in the middle. My daughter sleeps under an empty duvet cover and a sheet during the summer. And if you make it out of sheets, it will be easy to throw into the washer whenever needed!
Sure, that would work fine. People make quilts out of any type of fabric. Often, people use a sheet for the backing on a quilt, so why not the top too.
That's a great idea. I did this once over 25 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment