Thursday, March 11, 2010

What characteristics make for the softest bed sheets?

I've had great soft soft sheets but don't remember what I bought. Is it Pima cotton? Is it Egyptian Cotton? Is it the highest thread count, etc. I know that the sheets I've liked best just one day wear completely out. They get holes in them but they sure are comfortable while they last. I just bought 100% cotton 300 thread count by Martex and they are SCRATCHY!!What characteristics make for the softest bed sheets?
the higher the thread count, the softer, and longest lastingWhat characteristics make for the softest bed sheets?
Egyptian Cotton, Supima (Wamsutta brand) and Sateen sheets are going to be the smoothest. The best are higher thread counts (400+). They are definitely more expensive, but with proper care, good sheets can last a lifetime :)





Garnet Hill has great sheets, but are quite pricey...again, though, spending more now means having sheets longer!
Try a higher thread count..


I use 1000 thread count..


You can usually expect to pay about $10 per hundred thread count for a full set of queen size bed linens...


$20 = 200 thread count...


$40 = 400 thread count..


$100 = 1000 thread count...
Egyptian cotton is supposed to be the best, and if you can't find that go for the highest thread count. I've got 630 thread count sheets and they're almost like silk. The only problem is my comforter slides all over the flat sheet at night and I end up with my comforter kinda sideways in the morning.
However high thread count + egyptian cotton!

No comments:

Post a Comment