Saturday, March 13, 2010

How often should i clean bed sheets?

we have a jack russell and he doesnt sleep in the bed with us over night but he does sleep in the bed sometimes before we put him in his cage over night and my husband plays with him on the bed and he sheds quite a bit (if you could tell me how to stop that too it would be great?)How often should i clean bed sheets?
Brushing your dog on a daily basis at least a couple times a day cuts down on the shedding and also dogs that are not getting proper nutrients will have a tendency to shed a lot . If your dog sleeps on your bed a lot and leaves hair I would change the sheets often since dander can be a trigger to those with allergies and asthma. Also bathing your dog often will help since it cuts down the body soil dogs leave when they sleep on something.How often should i clean bed sheets?
i would wash bedding every week. the sheding brush daily or every other day playing on the bed just tell to get off but that takes some training
You can get some good anti shedding shampoos now at the pet shop or at most department stores. A good brushing about twice a week will cut down on alot of it too. As for the sheets, I wash mine once about every two weeks.
There was an Oprah show about all the little beg bugs you can't see on sheets, curtains, etc. If you saw this episode, you'd want to make sure you're washing your sheets at least every 2 weeks. I change my sheets every week b/c I saw what would happen if you don't!


Believe me, the dog hair isn't the worst of it, there's a million parasites all over! Gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.
It probably is a matter of what you can tolerate. I wash ours once a week. If I had animals on the bed I would do it more often.





The daily brushing will eliminate most of the hair problems.





I happen to really prefer clean sheets.
First off, a dog has no place in the master's bedroom! Put the dog and the master outside!


Then, if you shower daily I would say once a week.


I'm not going to ask you your personals but you can make that adjustment based on the facts!
I let my Boston Terrier sleep with me (she doesn't shed much) and I still only washed my sheets once a week. Most of the time the dog laid on top of the comforter anyway. But if your sheets don't seem fresh, it only takes a short time to put the sheets in the washer and dry while you are making dinner.





There are many products available that claim to stop shedding. I have never found one that works well. As long as the dog is healthy enough, the shedding is probably just something that you have to put up with.
at least every 2 weeks
I say once a week for sheets and pillow cases.





And I'd toss the bedspead in the dryer with a dryer sheet every other week.
depends on how often you have sex...
You might get a dust cover for the bed. That way the dog's hair (and other unseen ';things';) will not get on to the sheets. Take the dust cover off just before you get into bed. Then washing the sheets every two weeks should be fine.
I suggest cleaning the sheets at least once every two weeks(that's what a cleaning expert said on TV) but if you have a dog on the bed and stuff, you should probably clean them every week. As for the dog, brush him 3-4 times a week, and wash him with special shampoo for shedding. good luck!
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment