Saturday, March 13, 2010

How often should bed sheets be washed to avoid dust?

I wash the bed sheets we sleep in every other week with laundry soap, Clorox2 for colors free%26amp;clear, and hot water. The guest beds I try to remember to do at least once a month. If they have been slept in I wash when my guests leave. Pillow cases on those beds I try to replace or wash if it has been sometime. Otherwise I don't usually rewash when company comes again. Our house has a lot of guests though so the sheets are washed often. If you make the bed the sheets shouldn't get dusty. If your house is prone to bugs (like our house being close to a woody creek) I would wash sheets more frequently. Bugs will hide wherever!How often should bed sheets be washed to avoid dust?
In the guest room, I wash them about once a month. The top blanket once every two weeks. In our bedroom I wash all our bedding at least once a week in hot water and bleach (or color safe bleach). With bedding that you frequently use, you need to wash often because of dust mites. They are gross. Look at pictures of them.. EWWW!!How often should bed sheets be washed to avoid dust?
I wash ours usually once a week sometimes twice. My daughter has a dust allergy so she also has her mattress covered with a dust mattress cover and that seems to help. Also we wash them on the hottest wash cycle~ that is what really kills the dust mites.
If you have a problem with dust, wash the sheets once a week in hot water. That will kill the dustmites. Things such a covers or quilts can go once a month.
In my bedroom I wash the bedding about once a month but we sleep on them so no dust. In the guestroom, I wash them and leave them on clean and only rewash when I know company is coming so they smell dryer fresh where they sleep.
I say once a week to keep dust mites down. The more dead skin flaked off from your body the more dust mites you'll have and be breathing in etc..
One can never avoid dust. However it depends how much activity your sheets get?
i wash my sheets once a week in summer and twice a month in winter
  • liquid eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment